10 things to do once you’re engaged
Just got engaged? Congratulations! You’re probably feeling a whirlwind of emotions that might range from unbearable joy to overwhelming stress at everything that needs to be done.
Rather than getting completely lost in the moment, here’s a sure-fire list of the things to do once you’ve said “yes”!
1. Call your parents (then your best friends and prospective bridal party) so they’re in the know before everyone else.
2. Post an engagement ring selfie on your socials to let the rest of the world know your news.
3. Take a moment (eg. a couple of weeks) to let it all sink in before you delve into the stress of wedding planning.
4. Think about a date, based on the season you want to get married, your social/work commitments…and how long you’re prepared to wait to say “I do”!
5. Determine your wedding size – do you want a big, traditional celebration, a micro wedding, or a romantic elopement?
6. Set your budget, then add a little wiggle room for when things (inevitably) blow out.
7. Research wedding venues based on the above (wedding size and budget), as well as your preferred location and the overall aesthetic you’re looking for.
8. Book a wedding planner (they’ll save you heaps of stress) and lock in an officiant for your wedding date.
9. Get inspired by browsing Pinterest boards, bridal magazines, and websites to design and style your dream wedding.
10. Book your wedding professionals (planner, photographer, florist, DJ) those who aspire to your wedding day visions…and who you connect with!
Bonus 11: Throw an engagement party to celebrate you and your love!